Why drive away prosperity with taxes on sales, services, jobs, earnings, profits, or buildings….
…When land value taxation (LVT–also known as site value taxation, graded taxation, or other names in certain parts of the world) could provide your community needed revenue without discouraging productive work?
For our quick outline of LVT, proceed to this link.
Attendees who visited our booth at the 2023 NCSL Conference may have picked up some of these documents (as pdf’s):
- Pages from Strong Towns Land Value Tax eBook
- What happened when Pennsylvania taxed land
- Editorial_ Duggan’s Detroit property tax shift is important, necessary
- Scattered-Site Properties and Community Land Trusts: A Strategy for Expanding the Supply of Permanently Affordable Housing
- Land Value Return & Recycling – Graphics
- Methods Used to Assess Land Value
- A Tax Shift for Prosperity Sustainability and Equity
- Public Finance Absurdity
- Rethinking Property Tax
- The Founders’ Plan for Smart Tax Policy
More detailed and specific information is available from many sources, including the organizations linked below:
- Center for the Study of Economics is the leading US research and consulting organization focusing on use of LVT.
- Saving Communities, based in Pittsburgh, provides analytical and practical assistance.
- Common Ground USA is a citizens’ lobby group advocating LVT.
- Henry George Schools in Chicago and elsewhere provide classes and tutorials.
- The Henry George Institute teaches by Internet and correspondence, and for some students can provide inexpensive college credit.
- The Robert Schalkenbach Foundation publishes and conducts research to “promote the principles of Henry George as they apply to issues of current interest,” including LVT.
- The Lincoln Institute of Land Policy funds and publishes studies on LVT, among other subjects.
- Henry George Foundation of Australia, Prosper Australia, and the Association for Good Government can assist in discovering the potential of LVT down under.
- Earthsharing Canada is a good starting point for learning about LVT in that nation.
- In the UK, consult the Henry George Foundation (publisher of Land and Liberty), Labour Land Campaign, or Land Value Tax Campaign.
- Numerous other organizations expert in LVT are active in the U S and many other countries, on every continent. A directory is available, or contact the International Union.
More links to specific papers and videos are here.
If you need further information, email us or use the comment form below. We will get back to you, or forward your query to someone who can assist.
— Public Revenue Education Council; Plainfield, IN, USA